Search This Blog

Monday, 15 May 2017

REVIEW TOUR - Rescue Me by Sara Schoen


Mia Daniels is running away.

She's leaving her family, her job, and her life behind, all to get away from her past. With no plan, she packed her suitcase and took off for a town where she thought she'd be safe. She should have known she wouldn't be safe anywhere...

Gage Greystone is running from his family name.

His family has owned the town for generations, but he doesn't plan to take it over from his father. He has a dream to save others; from the treacherous hiking trails or from themselves. Maybe that's why he's so attracted to the newest resident of Escape, Mia. She seems to be silently begging to be rescued. From what, he doesn't know, but he'll do anything to rescue her.

But this rescue may be impossible for the decorated emergency serviceman...

Add to Goodreads  |  BookLikes


Universal Link


3 out of 5 (good)


Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!


This was an okay read. There were some good plot twists, a good little suspense addition, and a sweet romance.

The characters were fun and the banter back and forth was fun. However, I feel like their character development was slightly lacking.  I think a little more detail and descriptions for each character could have really ramped up their own individuality.

Descriptions and details were okay. The cave descriptions were neat, and provided a pretty picture. I would have appreciated a little more details about the scenery and the characters. I don’t feel like we had much detail or descriptions regarding the actual characters.

I think this story has the promise to be a great read.  It was lacking some oomph, some excitement, a little more emotion to drag me in. It wasn’t a bad read by any means and I liked what I read. However, I wasn’t fully invested, I didn’t fall in love with the story or the characters. I felt that something major was missing from the story.

So, could I recommend this story to you? Sure, of course, again, I did enjoy reading it.  However, I couldn’t recommend the story with the promise it will grab you from page one and have the story left with you after the last page.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and my comments here are my honest opinion. *

Sara Schoen is a Biology major at James Madison University who was born and raised in Northern Virginia. She has been an adamant writer since she was young, and now enjoys reading, ghost hunting, and traveling. She hopes to have readers find solace in the worlds and characters the creates and in some cases provide a cautionary tale. Sara plans to continue writing and explore various genres in the future.


FACEBOOK

TWITTER

AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment