Search This Blog

Monday, 10 October 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVEW: Broken Minds by Nicki Rae









Release
Day Blitz
Title: Broken Minds
Author: Nicki Rae
Release day: 10/10
Genre: Romantic Suspense 

Synopsis:
 For the last twelve
years I’ve lived in fear. Fear of touch, fear of love, fear of the dark without
the moon. But the letter I just received could put an end to it all—but not
before pushing me to the edge one more time.



Twelve years ago my life was stolen from me. My heart led me to a place I never
should’ve been because my mind didn’t know any better. Before that day, I was
carefree and happy. I was excited about the future—a future that was blossoming
with each passing day. A future with Trevor—my best friend and my new love. But
what stood before us would break anyone, and what I didn’t know was that it had
already broken him.



We would be held captive for ninety days. We weren’t allowed to think on our
own, breathe on our own, or speak on our own. Our minds and bodies were pushed
to the edge and eventually broke. By the end of our ninety days, we were both
lost inside ourselves, but bound to one another. Even though Trevor smiled
every day, his will was broken, his soul was sucked dry, and his mind was
cracking with each passing day. But on this fateful day, I finally understood
why his smile was sad because mine was also.



My name’s Keda Spencer and this is my story of survival, and the road that led
to it.

Pre-sale links:


Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I Dig Good Books. 5/5 (Exceptional)


*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

Woah. This book is intense, heavy, deep, dark, depressing, with a little light shining through. The darkness and sadness of this book was surprising, I was not expecting such a heavy read. At times, it was hard to read because of the tragic events that unfold before your eyes.

The author, Nicki Rae, did an absolute phenomenal job writing this story. It’s very dark and tragic but feels pretty darn real. As you read, the events and details are so realistic they will give you goose bumps on your arms and chills in your soul. The details and descriptions are incredibly realistic and chilling. They paint the picture for the past and the present. They give you a glimpse of the hell that the Keda faced for three months and the prison she was in for the twelve years following.

This was a good book and a good read. It left me guessing and left me hoping I was wrong. It’s not one of those books that you read in a light fluffy mind frame. It’s a book that might take you down a rabbit hole and will make you think and might leave you kind of broken. If you like dark heavy reads then this is absolutely the book for you. 


About The Author
Nicki is the author of Lather and The Perfection
Series: Damaged and Resisting Perfection. She is a born Buckeye turned Hoosier
who loves to spend time with her family. Along with being an avid reader, she
also loves animals and the Indianapolis Colts!

Links:
Twitter: @authornickirae
Pinterest: @authornickirae
Blog: http://authornickirae.blogspot.com/?zx=43fe4a6df80eeb18

No comments:

Post a Comment