Search This Blog

Friday, 18 December 2015

RELEASE BLITZ - The Artist's Love (Book 2 of The Artist's Touch Books) by S.H. Pratt

Add to Goodreads



Genre:

Adult, Romance, Suspense


Synopsis:

Rissa Daniels is being stalked. Spencer St. George’s life is in danger. Their families refuse to tell them the secrets of the past that haunt their present and affect their future. With every passing day and each new discovery, Spencer and Rissa grow closer to each other and to the truth until Rissa’s stalker becomes larger than life, forcing Spencer to reevaluate their relationship and his place as a St. George. 

Knowing that they will never be free from the dark menace that hovers over them without taking matters into their own hands, Rissa and Spencer make a decision that will forever change the future of their relationship. Long-buried secrets come to light, long-dead ghosts are allowed to rest in peace, and long-festering wounds are able to heal… but they are not without cost. Together, Spencer and Rissa face their fears head-on in the hope that their actions will stop their families’ pasts from destroying their future. 



5 out of 5 (exceptional)


This is the second part of The Artist's Touch set - Rissa and Spence are a couple, they've found out some of the secrets that their families have been keeping from them, and they are being stalked. 

This story - as a whole - is simply stunning. Spence is a character that I could easily fall in love with over and over again. From quiet and nerdy, to being in control and HOT, he ticks the boxes for me. Rissa is wonderful, she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to work to achieve it, whether that is going after Spence or making her work dream come true. Seriously, I wish this couple every happiness!

But there is, of course, the fly in the ointment and for Rissa and Spence, there are two. One is the secrets and the other is the stalker. This book brings about the culmination of both of those things, but not in a way that I was expecting. Layer upon layer of manipulation, deceit and murder need to be peeled back before Spence and Rissa can have their HEA, but they might not survive long enough to reach it. 

With action, adventure, romance, and sorrow, this book was a delight to read. I will also say that I knew something was going to happen to one of the supporting characters, due to certain actions in book 1, but I never expected the outcome that S.H. Pratt gave us! I was not a happy bunny because my leaking eyes meant that I couldn't read as fast as I wanted to! And that is all I will say on the matter.

If you want a book that is steamy romance, coupled with psychological chills, then I can definitely recommend this set. Highly recommended. 

* I received this book from the author in return for a fair and honest review. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Amazon UK  |  Amazon US







I’m a native Montanan and the youngest of seven children. I’m the mom of three profoundly gifted children who take my lack of sanity as a challenge to make me sane. Currently, we live in Olympia, Washington.

I began writing in high school, completing my first novel on a Commodore 64, saved on, I can't tell you how many floppy disks. I have no idea where that novel is and if I did, I'd have no way to retrieve it. I stopped writing to pursue my education but quickly realized I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up... oddly, I still don't know. So I decided to find a "real job". Over the course of the next twenty years, I was everything from a barista, to a restaurant manager, to a purchasing agent and an administrative assistant to the owner of a fire truck construction company and everything in between.

I didn't get serious about writing until a couple of years ago. By the time I worked up the nerve to attempt self-publishing, I'd amassed a stack of rejection letters and seven complete manuscripts. I became a writer because it was either that or go mad from the people in my head that seemed to get louder as I got older. The first three books that I wrote after ‘growing up’ a bit were published in paperback only and only to those who special ordered it. It will never be printed or released again due to the nature of my mental state when I wrote it. I was in a very bad place, emotionally, and those three books were my therapeutic catharsis. The first book I wrote and subsequently published was Always My Love and it was more of a homecoming, the characters involved, a withdrawn and wary writer (see what I did there LOL) goes back to her version of “home” which is her best friend/cousin. I wrote the cousin based on my own best friend/cousin and from there I wrote of new beginnings with the cousin’s friend who gives the author a reason to see “home” differently. It was another way to heal after everything at home melted.

I prefer to write contemporary romance with a heavy emphasis on psychology and the emotions of my characters. I feel that if my reader can feel what the character feels and can identify with it, I've done my job. After Always My Love, the books that I’ve written have been a different sort of therapy. Working on my issues with spousal abuse, cheating, date rape, PTSD and a myriad of other hot button issues that I’ve seen first-hand in my life via my siblings and other experiences. I love to do the research involved with deep psychological issues and creating the character that everyone loves to hate. The book I love the most is Shy of Tomorrow. It just touches a place in my heart where books live as it’s about a librarian who finds more than she bargains for in the aisles of the library. One other thing that I simply love to write about is multiples. So far, five of my eleven books have either twins or triplets, with six more WIPs actively being worked on with twins or triplets. As for a muse… well, ideas come from all sorts of odd places… music, places I drive by, my dreams, people in general. Life inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment