She will do anything to remember.
He will make sure she forgets.
Title: Phoenyx Rising
Author: Kolleen Fraser
Series: Demigods, book 1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: March 25, 2015
When Phoenyx Ember woke up in the burning remnants of a crater, she couldn't remember anything except her name. She is haunted by the blackness that envelops her past and the limitless power of fire coursing through her veins.
She is charged with a crime she doesn't remember committing and shipped to the Academy, a home for the violent offenders and orphaned children of power.
There, she will fight the darkness inside herself and look for answers to who she is and why her past was erased.
Some secrets are meant to stay hidden.
Free on Kindle Unlimited
The Top 10 Things that Changed While Writing 'Phoenyx Rising'
by Kolleen Fraser
1. Phoenyx Rising was originally written as Young Adult Fantasy.
2. Phoenyx was only 6 when I started her story but decided to fast forward past her troubled childhood.
3. Silas wasn't in the first draft at all.
4. Asher was the "good guy" until Silas started butting in.
5. I added Marcus' POV after I wrote Phoenyx's story because I thought the reader needed to know more than what Phoenyx knew (which is basically nothing).
6. My original first draft was about Ianna Ceto growing up & how she found her way to the academy but the moment she met her roommate Phoenyx Ember, Phoenyx took over completely and wouldn't let Ianna get a word in after that.
7. I wrote the "bathroom sex scene" without having any idea who the guy she was with was going to be.
8. In my head Marcus was a sweet protective brother but as soon as I started writing him he became...the way he is now. (No spoilers!)
9. The prologue was the last thing I wrote. Chapter one was originally the prologue but I felt like you needed to see a glimpse of what her life was like before.
10. Jacob Mason was the last character I added. And he is my favourite. ️#TeamMason
Kolleen is a wife, mom, author, beta reader and blogger. When she isn’t making her house a home for her husband and two young children she enjoys reading everything from paranormal to romance to YA and dark stories. But she spends her free time being held hostage by her current work in progress and letting her characters come to life through her words on paper.