Dance with the Devil
by Angela Dennis
After killing one of her father’s enforcers, half-blood lion shifter Jillian Winters ran for her life, landing in an upscale bar halfway across the country. Her boss, Carrick—a pure-blood shifter—has no idea his barmaid is a fugitive.
When her father’s recklessness puts the Pride at risk, Jillian must return home and assume his place as Alpha. But not before she indulges in a taste of the attraction that’s been building for years between her and Carrick.
Carrick Granger has had a soft spot for Jillian from the moment she stepped into his bar, soaking wet and afraid of her own shadow. He knows she has secrets. So does he. He’s also the outcast son of an Alpha—and now that his father is dead, he, too, has been summoned home.
Thinking they’ll never see each other again, the simmering heat between them ignites like a match to gunpowder. But then the bullets start flying, forcing them to choose—duty to their Prides, or the one person they can’t live without.
Warning: This book contains deception, lies, betrayal, a sexy lion who is determined to claim his mate, and a mating bond that will change the landscape of the Prides forever.
Her attraction to him was beyond dangerous. But, thankfully, that attraction wasn’t mutual. If it had been, it would have been impossible to turn him away. A smarter person would have left town the second they realized Carrick was a shifter. But, like an idiot, she had stayed, unable to resist being around him during her short stint of freedom.
Even now, the call of the Pride echoed in her mind like the beginnings of a migraine. She massaged her aching temples. Carrick was so close that her hand brushed his shoulder as she reached for her head. Although it was an innocent touch, the heat of his body seared her skin.
Damn it. Fate had a twisted sense of humor. No other man had ever affected her like this.
When he turned, the intention in his green eyes was unmistakable. She stepped back, stunned, heart pounding. With a nervous swallow, she licked her dry lips. He moved closer, eyes focused on her mouth. Torn between flight and surrender, she froze.
Their bodies brushing, Carrick ran his hands down the length of her arms. “How many layers do you have under there?” He squeezed her shoulders gently. “Take them off. I’ll make a fire.” He grasped her hand, tugging her toward the fireplace.
Jillian didn’t move. She couldn’t do this. “Thought you didn’t want to talk?”
“I changed my mind.” He released her hand and moved across the room, crouching before the hearth to kindle the flames.
She couldn’t make herself move, either forward or away. This was her last chance. Once she walked out that door, she was gone forever.
First off, I want to thank Archaeolibrarian for inviting me to do a guest post. I’m incredibly honored and excited to be here to share some tidbits about my latest release Dance with the Devil. Dance features the relationship between Carrick and Jillian, two incredibly powerful, stubborn lion shifters who I adore. They definitely share the spotlight, both in this book and in their relationship. That being said, today I’m going to give Carrick the floor. I think he deserves it. So here is a top ten list of the most important things you should know about Carrick (excluding any spoilers). I hope you enjoy it!
Top Ten Things You Should Know About Carrick From Dance with the Devil.
1. Carrick is a healer. He makes his own medicines, and has the ability to use magic to heal physical wounds.
2. Carrick has a younger brother, Lucas. To protect Lucas, Carrick left the Pride as a teenager and moved to Saint Louis where he opened an Irish Pub.
3. Carrick met Jillian when she appeared on the doorstep of his pub in the middle of a storm. She was soaking wet, traumatized, and hungry. He took her in, fed her, and gave her a job. At the time, he had no idea she was a lion shifter.
4. Carrick is from South Carolina, but his drink of choice is Kentucky Bourbon. He’s been known to splurge on a couple of bottles of Woodford Reserve when he’s feeling frisky.
5. If Lucas had not asked Carrick for help after their father’s death, he would have stayed in Saint Louis. He had no desire to go back to the Pride, and would have defied Quinn’s Orders.
6. Before Carrick met Jillian, he decided never to take a mate. He didn’t want to be bound to a woman to whom he couldn’t be 100 percent truthful.
7. Carrick hated his father. If he could go back and do things over, he would have gone rogue rather than join his father’s Pride.
8. Carrick is powerful in his own right, but he has no problem letting Jillian take the floor to establish her dominance in the Pride. He actually enjoys watching her go all Alpha. It turns him on.
9. Aside from Jillian, Carrick values his relationship with Lucas above everything else. He worries about his brother, and wants what’s best for him.
10. Carrick embodies the definition of the word hero. It doesn’t hurt that he looks strikingly similar to Chris Helmsworth.
Angela Dennis will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
A second winner will win a print or digital copy of the book (Print is US only, International winners will receive an eBook substitution in the format of their choice).
Click HERE to enter - ends 26th September
Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Angela Dennis lives outside Cincinnati, Ohio, with her husband, son and a sheltie with a hero complex. When she is not at her computer crafting stories, she can be found feeding her coffee addiction, playing peek-a-boo, or teaching her son about the great adventures found only in books.
You can visit Angela at her website www.angeladennisbooks.com or her blog www.angeladennisauthor.blogspot.com. She loves to hear from her readers, so don’t forget to find her on Twitter to chat.
All Romance eBooks https://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=author&qString=Angela+Dennis
Google Books https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Angela_Dennis_Dance_with_the_Devil?id=N447CgAAQBAJ