Search This Blog

Monday, 14 September 2015

BLOG TOUR & REVIEW - Ashes Series by Leslie Johnson

AshesBTBanner


9006a-add-to-goodreads-button31


button synopsis

She's the wind. He's the fire. Both are independent, hot headed, and strong. Neither want a relationship or to be tied down in any way. But outside forces have other ideas.

When Beth is confronted by an old demon, she can't imagine the danger she's in. She's too stubborn to ask for help, but will she have a choice? How do they fight an evil that can't be seen or understood?

button Books in this series

Ashes1Cover
CLIFF HANGER, PEOPLE!!

This is, as the title suggests, part one of this series, and its a cliff hanger. I would strongly suggest you wait til you have all the parts available before you embark on this series, I really would. I wasn't able to do that, and it has tainted my review somewhat!

Gage and Beth appear in another series by this author, but I haven't read that one. I do feel something is missing, and think it would have been better had I read that series before this one, just so I could get a better feel of these two. It might not be the same for you, this is what I feel.

Beth has been hurt, badly, and the full extent of that doesn't become apparent immediately. Gage is her "friends with benefits" buddy, but both secretly wish for a little more.

Its only short, being a part work, 116 pages, according to Amazon, but it carries a mighty wallop for a small book. Hot and sexy, dark and deadly, and that bloody cliffhanger!!

I can't give it five stars, because its so short, that missing feeling, and the ending so...

4 stars

**same worded review will appear on Goodreads, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk**

AMAZON US I AMAZON UK



Ashes2Cover
CLIFF HANGER, AGAIN, PEOPLE!

Book one, ended on a cliff hanger, and book two does too. I restate my advice to wait till all parts are available before you read these!

After Gage's discovery at the end of book one, Beth and he are back to f88k buddies, and not exclusive. Beth catches Gage with his pants round his ankles, quite literally, and runs, straight into the next cliffhanger!!

I still feel that something is missing, and I can't quite put my finger on it, so again, not quite five stars.

They are written from both characters POV, in the first person, and I didn't notice it quite so much in the first part as I do here, it bothered me here and I've no idea why it would not bother me in one part but it does in the second, sorry!

so, again, cliff hanger + missing something + dual first person POV =

4 stars

**same worded review will appear on Goodreads, Amamzon.com and Amazon.co.uk**


AMAZON US I AMAZON UK



Ashes_03
Book three follows book two and you need to read those first.

Beth's trip to the club turned nightmarish for more than one reason. Following that night, she pushes Gage away, but Gage won't let her, and they reunite, beautifully!

I had to wait for this part after reading one and two, and I HATED waiting!

Beth and Gage's story is a rollercoaster of emotions, love, hate and everything inbetween. Secrets abound, from those Beth thought she was closest to.

Its quite hard to write seperate reviews for each part, its like trying to write a review for each chapter in a longer book! Each book follows on fron the other, in one continuous story, so breaking them down is hard!

All I can say is, I refused to read this part, until I had part four ready to read too. I knew it was gonna be a corker because this was orginally planned to be just three books, and the author must have found something. Something that is dark, deadly and oh so delicious!

4.5 stars

**same worded review will appear on Goodreads, Amamzon.com and Amazon.co.uk**

AMAZON US I AMAZON UK



Ashes 4 Cover
I stress again, that you really need to read parts one to three first, and that you wait til you have all four parts to read back to back. I'd hate for you to have to wait, like I did.

After Beth's shocking discovery at the end of book three, her family unravels itself. Her life falls apart. Except for her relationship with Gage. That blooms. Until Gage is called to a fire and a body is discovered.

THIS one, this is the hardest one to write, because I don't wanna give anything away! No spoilers!

So, I'm just gonna say this. Read this series, and if you can, read the series before, that Beth and Gage appear in. I didn't, and I felt, in books one and two, that something was missing. I didn't get that feeling in books three and four, but still.

I've given each instalment 4 or 4.5 stars. In all honesty, I cannot give the entire series anything more than 4.5. Had I read them back to back, or in a longer, single book, I would undoubtably given this series the full five stars. Even if its first person, and flips between the two. But I didn't read it as a single book, or back to back. I had to wait for books three and four. And that, I'm sorry to say, is the sole reason it gets 4.5 stars. I would much rather have read this as a single, longer book.

The whole series is extremely well written. It covers the whole gamut of emotions, from both Beth and Gage. I would quite happily read anything else by Ms Johnson, but only if they are single books, or all parts are available if its a short part work like this one.

I stress AGAIN the importance of having all four parts at your disposal before you embark on these. It might save your kindle, or reading device, it might save your very mind, from a fate worse than death. My kindle only survivied because its brand new, and it didn't yet deserve to be thrown at the wall!

4.5 stars for the whole series.

**each review will appear on each individual part, and the box set that is now availble, on Goodreads, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk**

AMAZON US I AMAZON UK


Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I Dig Good Books.

I received these books from Once Upon An Alpha in return for fair and honest reviews.



button teasers
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

button About the author

Leslie is a California native but recently moved to Arizona after a stint in Arkansas. She enjoys travel and being with friends. She is an avid reader of many genres, but prefers romances with travel or thriller themes. She loves writing about strong women and strong men because the world needs both!

button author links

WEBSITE I TWITTER I FACEBOOK


tour-host-ouaa

No comments:

Post a Comment