Search This Blog

Thursday, 11 June 2015

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT (9 of14) Payne Hawthorne, Questions and Answers.

 
 
 

Since this is my second favourtie of the whole week, you are getting it again. The most absolute favourite will come on Saturday at 9pm (UK time) Its awesome, I tell ya, AWESOME!!!

 
I sent a list of questions to Payne, and asked her to answer 5 or 6, along with the quick fire ones at the end, she answered nearly all of them! ~debbie~
 
 
What inspired you to write your first book? It was my therapy after a major emotional breakdown.



How did you come up with the title? AdventuresinPayne came into being when I was in so much emotional pain it physically hurt my body. I was feeling sarcastic and I just thought it was some sort of adventure in feeling every sort of pain possible.

 
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Your soul will go on. Be careful what you invest your time in—thoughts, feelings, words, hobbies even, all of that will go with you through every life.


How much of the book is realistic?  Adventures is all fiction, but the emotional aspects are very real and how I was feeling when I originally wrote it in 2012.



If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? For my paranormal romances I would most like to emulate Kresley Cole. I love her work and find it pure entertainment.


What are your current projects? Right now I’m working on part two in my AdventuresinPayne series, Discovery. This series is multi-layered and spans not only multiple lifetimes, but also different time dimensions and other planets. It’s a complicated love story about three souls dealing with circumstances out of their control. This series is not as ‘fluffy’ as my Dormant Desires series and AdventuresinPayne isn’t so much erotica as it is fantasy fiction romance.

 
Do you see writing as a career? YES! I would like to make the second half of my life into that of author and be capable of writing multiple books and series.

 
Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? Diana Gabaldon. She is amazing at portraying depth of character along with place and time/history. I find combining all of that a daunting task and my writing is simple in comparison to hers.


Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)? Not at all… yet.


Who designed the covers? I’ve done some, and a friend helped with a couple. I traded a ghost written story for the Alpha and Omega covers. I paid an artist for the AdventuresinPayne, Remnant cover.

What was the hardest part of writing your book? Editing and revision.


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I’ve learned so much I could write an entire book on just this subject.

 
Do you have any advice for other writers? It sounds so cliché, but for me it was to just sit and write and then self-publish everything! Blogs, articles and books. All of it I put it up and out there and I learned from the feedback. I wrote daily for almost 2 straight years and nothing helped me more than just putting down words.

What genre do you consider your book(s)? Paranormal, fantasy, romance, and for some romance/erotica.


Do you ever experience writer's block? Often, it helps to write a sex scene.


Do you write an outline before every book you write? No. I get an idea and I think, but then I just start writing. I never know what will happen or when a new character will appear. All my stories have written me. I have to write linearly from beginning to end. I can alter later, but when I’m actually creating I can’t seem to jump around. It’s gotta be beginning, middle, end… or cliff hanger as seems to be the case with most of mine.


Have you ever hated something you wrote? All the time!


What is your favorite theme/genre to write about? Supernatural humans, paranormal anything. Other dimensions and different species. Anything to do with animals.



And the quick fire, please answer all of these!

 

Hot or Cold? Cold

Sweet or Savoury? Savoury

Tea or Coffee? Coffee

Coke or Pepsi? Neither

Facebook or Twitter? Facebook

Summer or Winter? Winter

Chocolate or icecream? Chocolate

Ebook or paperback? Audiobook

No comments:

Post a Comment