Search This Blog

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

NAME BEFORE THE MASSES TOUR - Feedback by DL Richardson

Feedback

by DL Richardson


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Ethan James, Florida Bowman, and Jake Inala are three teenagers who need organ transplants. When they receive the organs of deceased CIA agent, Dylan Black, they inadvertently take on the task of completing the mission Dylan died midway through, that of deactivating bacteria bombs threatening millions of lives. The teenagers are kidnapped by a man who believes in the theory of feedback, that information is retained in the memory of organs, in this case those of the dead CIA agent. And their captor will stop at nothing to get the information retained inside their bodies. With their lives under threat, the memories stored in the CIA agent’s mind begin to awaken within each of them, except the one piece of information they are abducted for - the location of the bombs.


Excerpt:

I jumped in surprise when a car came up on my left and honked its horn, whizzing by in a blur of chrome. “I don’t think so, buddy.”

I accelerated. If the cops wanted to stop me, they’d have to use air support. Getting myself on TV only added to the thrill of the chase.

Concern over my reckless driving should have registered, but it didn’t. The speedometer now read 140 miles per hour. AC/DC screeched about “Hells Bells,” and the rain didn’t lessen. If I lost control now, I’d smash into the concrete barriers lining the highway. It’d be game over. No way I’d survive the impact. What a shame this last train of thought wasn’t on whether I’d survive or not, but on whether I’d care.

Lightning bolts exploded across the sky and lit up the windshield. In that brief flicker of visibility, I spotted the plane on fire, blocking the highway—and the spaceship blowing up a bridge with luminous green laser beams. I let go of the wheel, idly watching the Lamborghini plow into the concrete barrier. Metal fragments and orange flames danced in front of me. The sound of something exploding boomed through the speakers. The words GAME OVER flashed across the television screen.

The plane had been okay, but the spaceship insulted me. For sure, the makers of the game reckoned it’d be a hoot to throw unrealistic obstacles in my path.

I tossed the Xbox controller aside and scratched my numb backside. My life couldn’t get any worse…might as well go to school.

Enter to win a $10 Amazon/BN GC - a Rafflecopter giveaway




Pet Peeves of the Publishing IndustryBy D L Richardson

This is a tough topic to debate. On the one hand, every author wants a publishing deal. Not only for the prestige but also for the financial benefits a publisher can, but not always inject into a project. Publishers can, but not always, provide better publicity which results in more sales. If a publisher has a dedicated marketing and publicity team then an author can be booked for interviews, conferences, events, and book signings.  A publisher can, but not always, have an expert cover designer and content developer to get the best product out into the market place.
On the other hand, there are so many reasons not to bother with a publisher. If you’re not James Patterson you may not get more than a lick of promotion or marketing. You may get a newbie to the industry designing your book cover. You also get a very small margin of the royalties and put to the back of everyone’s minds, otherwise known as being parked until your contract expires.
One of the main pet peeves about the publishing industry is that often an author simply can’t wait twelve months or longer for a publisher to make the decision about whether or not to publish. It’s like waiting for paint to dry only ten times worse. Until a publisher says yes or not, I’m stuck. It’s what I call the red light. I’d rather hear a rejection because at least I can turn that into a green light and move on to the next publisher. And if they do decide to publish, it can be another twelve months before the book is released.
In today’s current environment, consumers are used to fast turnover. They are used to books being churned out. So often a traditional publisher may miss the mark when it comes to what is hot in the market at the moment.
For example, I submitted a manuscript to a publisher seven months ago. This was a manuscript they asked to read, not just one I submitted to land in their slush pile. They asked me to send it to them and then said that their usual timeframe to get back to writers is two months. I’m still waiting. And there is nothing I can do. Mainly because I really want this publisher to take on my next project. So I must play the waiting game.
In the meantime, I can only do what must be done and that is to keep writing. So, by the time this publisher gets back to me, I’ll have book two ready to go, and that isn’t such a bad thing.

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found HERE


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

D L Richardson writes speculative fiction. She currently has three young adult teen novels published and one short story anthology. Her first two YA novels The Bird With The Broken Wing and Feedback were best sellers and highest ranked YA fiction at OmniLit. Her third YA novel Little Red Gem was runner up on Paranormal Books Best Standalone YA book of 2013 and the book trailer was featured on USA Today website.

Upcoming works include Curious, a limited edition bundling of three YA novels, a serialized science fiction novel, Fear of Falling Further the second anthology of short stories, and Poison in the Pond, a novella adapted from of an unpublished novel written in 1996.

She lives in Australia on the south coast with her husband and dog.


Author contacts

Website: www.dlrichardson.com  


9 comments:

  1. You are a new-to-me author so I will enjoy following your tour to learn more about you and your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Karen H. So nice to meet you.
      D L

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good luck in the draw!
      D L Richardson xox

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Good luck in the draw!
      D L Richardson xox

      Delete
    2. And Good luck in the draw!
      D L Richardson xox

      Delete