Search This Blog

Saturday, 23 November 2013

Be Gentle With Me!


Welcome to my very first blog and as the post title says, be gentle with me!  My name is Merissa and I am an avid reader and book hoarder.  I have been so far throughout my life and I have no intention of changing it anytime soon!

This is a place for me to leave my reviews on the multitude of books that I have read or anything else book-wise, whether that's a special deal that's going on, an event by one of my favourite authors or... well, you get the idea.  If it's book related and of interest to me and I think it will be of interest you, I'll blog about it.

Some of you may know me from Facebook or Goodreads.  I run the "For The Love of Books" page on FB and I am on Goodreads as myself.  Here are the links, just in case you're curious:

For The Love of Books - https://www.facebook.com/pages/For-The-Love-of-Books/352302238148736

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10258612-merissa-sheppard

I love reading but I'm afraid there is one genre that I just can't read because it gives me the heebiejeebies and I just can't sleep at night.  If that isn't clue enough, I'll tell you that it's horror.  However, I have read some paranormal and fantasy books that have been classed as horror by Amazon and have thoroughly enjoyed them.  So I try to keep an open mind but if it does look like it's full-blown horror, then you'll find me hiding behind my cushion.

All the reviews I post will be my own personal opinion and I will always be fair, even if it wasn't completely my thing.  There will be no bitchiness or hate here.  I'm sorry but it's just not on.  The amount of work that goes into writing these books, which are then put out there for all to see, well, I don't think I could do it.  I'll stick to being a reader and reviewer.

So, that's a bit about me and what this blog will be about.  Reviews, events, deals, anything book-wise.  Please feel free to leave your comments so I know I'm not here alone ;)

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment